Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. They also play a key role in evolving our products and processes, which makes the role challenging and entrepreneurial.
What You Will Do
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies.
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships.
- Design and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements.
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set.
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories.
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development.
- Provide in-depth customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields.
- Prior work experience in information technology, engineering, finance, data analysis or research.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense.
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service.
- Established presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack Overflow and Hacker Rank.
- Familiarity with Data Science and/or Machine Learning.
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance.
- Demonstrated project or work experience using one more programming language such as Python, SQL and R.
- Fluency in Korean and English (both spoken and written).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and experience of statistics and data modeling.
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate.
- Stakeholder-focused mindset.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment.
- Able to start working in 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Information Systems,...
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2021, 6:00 pm