As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analyzing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data.
Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
What You Will Do
- Extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies.
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products such by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set.
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents.
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation.
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management.
- Utilize subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management.
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set.
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics.
- A Master’s degree in Finance or Economics.
- Project management skills and/or experience.
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service.
- Solid understanding of VBA and/or SQL.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (both written and verbal).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies.
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interest and/or experience in client and stakeholder management.
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate.
- Interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment.
- Ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Economics
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2021, 6:00 pm