BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer you a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
What You Will Do
- Buy & sell a defined range of rates and FX instruments (as per desk mandate) for our clients and take positions on behalf of the bank within defined limits to facilitate client business.
- Provide market liquidity through market making in a defined range of FX and Rates instruments (as per desk mandate) and limits put in place hedging if appropriate.
- Monitor market news and events and evaluate the risk and opportunities for positions and strategy.
- Closely follow-up the counterparty risk and any potential excess of credit line all market risks and any limit excess.
- Ensure all pre-trade requirements are conducted (credit lines check in particular).
- Ensure that all transactions are timely and accurately booked in appropriate capture systems.
- Ensure that all transactions are timely sent to middle office and/or back office.
- Work with operational support functions to facilitate and monitor the settlement process.
- Respond swiftly to any issues escalated from MO and BO staff.
- Submitters and reviewers as well as their respective back-ups of the contributions are expected to comply strictly with the Group policy regarding their professional standards, as well as their duty to support the market integrity (Group Code of Conduct Principles) They are to comply with all local requirements prescribed by the Authority on such contributions.
- Any attempts to manipulate submissions are subject to the disciplinary procedures, sanctions according the Group policies.
- Bonds end of day marking can be used for Iboxx contribution.
- Contribute to the daily P&L at the close of the day and facilitate its confirmation by Middle-Office.
- Prepare a P&L explain each day and escalate any unexplained elements to desk head for sign off.
- Provide management with accurate information to analyze the P&L structure.
- Monitor the level of broker fees ensure their relevance vis a vis the current market practice and desk activity.
- Work closely with the procurement group and Middle Office to minimize broker and custodian fees.
Communication, Teamwork and Training:
- Maintain fluid communication with other front office teams.
- Keep all Business Partners in the loop of major organization change that may impact the soundness of operations.
- Help Business Partners understand business priorities and requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of process and systems.
- Inform management of any major operational incidents, specific risks arising or P&L potential damage.
- Attend relevant regulatory and product/skill training and keep up-to-date with market issues.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Comply with regulatory, contractual and internal authorized framework.
- Work closely with compliance and legal in handling counterpart or exchanges complaints.
- Request a New Activity Committee to be held whenever required Held a Transaction Approval Process (AC) is whenever required or involve risk, compliance or LTMG when a transaction present an unusual risk.
- Report swiftly all operational incidents to Trading Business Management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent/Undergraduate graduating in 2021.
- 1 to 2 years of experience.
- English and Korean communication skills.
- Understanding financial market as entry level.
- High level of work ethics and conduct mind set.
- Basic knowledge of FX and rates products and mechanism.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:30th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm