In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
What you will do
- Within CIB - Global Markets, PS&F regroups Multi-Asset Prime Brokerage (FX PB, Cash PB & Synthetic), Funding & Collateral Transformation (FCT), Derivatives Execution and Clearing (DEC) activities
- Within PS&F, Prime Brokerage Sales is responsible for originating new mandates particularly hedge funds, and responsible for growing existing client base organically.
- Support sales team to grow revenues and market share by identifying and originating new Prime Brokerage (Cash PB,
- Synthetic Financing and FXPB) mandates.
- Partner with other parts of PS&F including Client Solutions, Delta 1, Securities Lending etc. to enforce synergy.
- Work with Prime onboarding team to ensure smooth client experience.
- Liaise with Global Markets and Securities Services colleagues in both originating new business and covering existing clients.
- Assist to craft and execute a sub-regional sales strategy.
- Cross-sell Global Markets and Securities Services products and services.
- Assist with client educational events.
- Promote awareness of BNPP's Prime capabilities and aspirations in the local marketplace through various channels and methods.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Prime Brokerage, equities, fixed income products & derivatives (swaps, futures & options) would be a plus
- Strong Excel & Power Point skills
- Language: English, Chinese Mandarin would be a plus but not compulsory
- Adaptability & Change Management: Prime is going through a transformation phase. Within this ever changing environment, its team members require to be resilient and to drive change within the organization.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on answering the daily client queries side and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Organization & good resistance to stress: Fast paced dynamic environment with several tasks to be performed at once; therefore excellent time management, proper prioritization and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
- Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Influential skills: in order to work with various other departments and make them prioritise your requests.
- Strong Communication skills: both verbal and written
- Attention to detail: Ability to notice & raise any abnormal processes
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management to allow proper time resolution.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:29th May 2021, 6:00 pm