In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Our two-year graduate programme has been designed to give you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas or support functions, and take on real responsibility from day one. Depending on your qualifications and experience, you can apply to join us as either an analyst or an associate.
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any disciplines
- Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Be available to work as full time from August 2022 onwards
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage)
- Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven initiatives, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends
What you can expect?
You will start off with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
Then you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. On-the-job training will be delivered throughout your two-year programme, taking you along a tailored development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from previous cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
- Support in origination and assessment in IB deal opportunities (M&A, Financial Advisory, IPOs, Financing, etc.)
- Organise and prepare pitch books or other presentation materials for use in client meetings
- Perform research of targeted industries/ companies. Monitor key economic developments, ongoing industry trends and company news and provide relevant analysis
- Interpret financial information/ data, evaluate company’s financial performance
- Develop financial models and perform valuation analysis
- Maintain various databases, credentials, model templates
- Provide support in transaction execution
- Participate in all stages of transaction executions
- Coordinate and maintain communications with clients and/or other professional parties
- Assist in document preparation eg teasers, information memorandum, management presentations, board presentations…
- Build financial models/ valuation analyses; preparing timetables, with relevant parties (mainly internal) to obtain essential and necessary data and / or information
- Assist in due diligence and analysis
- Support in various relevant internal procedures (compliance checks, mandate committee approvals, filings, etc.)
Support other client marketing and/or deal related analysis as necessary
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: Beginner
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Information Technology
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2022, 2:22 am