In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2022 APAC Graduate Programme – RISK - Singapore
Our two-year graduate programme is designed to provide you with first class training and immediate responsibility, it gives you the support and development you need to start a successful career in financial services. You can join us in one of several business areas and, depending on your qualifications and experience, you can apply to join us as either an analyst or an associate.
|For:||Final year students or recent graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any disciplines from a recognized university|
|Streams:||Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk|
|Start date:||From Q1 2022 to Q3 2022|
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a recent graduate, final year undergraduate, or master’s student in any discipline;
- Possess GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
- Be available to work as full time from Q1 2022 onwards;
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
- Demonstrate methodical, logical, solution-driven thinking, with commercial awareness and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
You will be provided with a comprehensive induction, where you will be immersed in group training and discover more about the BNP Paribas Group.
From day one, you will start your business specific technical and financial training, alongside personal skills development aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to get you the best possible start in your career. Working alongside our teams of industry leading specialists, you will gain on-the-job training throughout your two-year programme taking you along a development path to build your expertise and broaden your base of skills. You will also have the chance to experience other parts of the business through cross-entity projects, which will help you understand how we approach complex work and give you the chance to develop a strong internal network.
Mentor & Buddy
Throughout the programme, you will be mentored by experienced managers and team members, as well as pairing with a buddy from our early career cohorts who will make sure you are getting everything you need to grow.
What you will do?
As a Liquidity Risk Analyst, you will:
- Identify, Quantify and Control Market Risk and Liquidity Risk of ALMT activities;
- Develop and improve tools to help further automatize and enhance the risk analysis and monitoring;
- Contribute to the review of Liquidity Risk metrics (internal and regulatory) used by ALMT, and perform regular checks that existing local assumptions and parameters are still relevant, as well as the verification of the compliance of ALMT activities to the Banking Laws Framework;
- Participate to the monitoring of operational risk profiles and material exposure to losses and provide appropriate reporting.
- Contribute to RCSAs, historical and potential incidents processing, independent reviews and control testing in the view to continuously enhance the risk management framework of APAC activities.
As a Market Risk Analyst, you will:
- Identify, analyze and monitor market and liquidity risks;
- Measure and monitor these risks, develop monitoring tools, and report to Business and Senior Management;
- Work on Valuation Adjustments, which consists of all processes related to Valuation Adjustments (FVR, PVA and IPV) among all asset classes and across all locations. This includes:Valuation adjustment Methodologies
- Data analysis related to valuation adjustments
- Valuation adjustments Monitoring and Production
- Any Projects related to valuation adjustment
As an Operational Risk Analyst, you will:
- Identify and assess operational risks are effectively managed across the different business lines and functions in APAC, by correlating input from Audit Findings, Internal Loss Data Collection & Analysis, External Data Collection & Analysis, Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Process Mapping, KPIs & KRIs, Scenario Analysis, and Quantified Measurement & Comparative Analysis;
- Participate to the monitoring of operational risk profiles and material exposure to losses and provide appropriate reporting. Data capture and operational risk reporting should be continuously enhanced and provide a feedback loop to enhance risk management policies, procedures and practices;
- Provide support and oversight with respect to management of security and technology risks of core systems and applications;
- Provide support in the oversight of operational risk management activities and ensure practices are consistent with regulatory expectations and industry sound practices;
- Pro-active involvement in IT and Operations Transformation projects including the review of major outsourcing partners.
Primary Location: SG-06-Singapore
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: Beginner
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:14th Mar 2022, 3:38 pm