In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Please note that this is a internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early December 2021.
The GM COO team is a transversal team within Global Markets (“GM”) that is responsible for business managing the day to day operations of Front Office, while supporting senior management in the management of the business.
Within the GM COO team, the Singapore Business Management Team is responsible for South East Area, India & Australia and FXLM.COMM business. In order for the smooth operation of the trading floor, we analyse data and prepare reports for the management team; we also take pride in looking at new ways to present data so as to provide additional insights to the management team.
We now have any opportunity for an intern to join us to work hand-in-hand with the team to future-proof our data analytics and provide 1st-in-class management reporting as the business looks to growing more aggressively. This role will provide an insight into the business and a chance to work not just with the Business Management Team, but also the Management and the Trading floor desk heads who have MIS needs.
Data Analytics & Re-design
- Perform business analysis and produce internal reports for GM
- Review existing available data and reports template
- Refine & redesign existing reports
- Design new reports which can provide the management additional insights to enhance the current business
- Sit down with the business to understand their MIS needs and assist to design the relevant MIS needed
Contribution to internal efficiency & productivity initiatives
- Streamline and automate internal reporting processes
- Control and to improve on the data quality and consistency (incl. central repositories)
- Create/Maintain/Update procedural documentation
- Support the team in administrative tasks
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science but open to other courses with good data analytics modules
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Powerpoint and Word) with advance skills in Excel (e.g. Coding in VBA)
- Preference would be given candidates who are trained in Power BI &/or Tableau
- Strong English communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work and improvise independently
- Ability to develop stakeholder relationships and work in a complex and rapidly/constantly changing environment
- Ability to analyze & breakdown complex issues into smaller piece for resolutions
Primary Location: SG-06-Singapore
Job Type: Internship
Job: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: Beginner
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:3rd Mar 2022, 6:20 am