In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Please note that this is a internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early December 2021.
Within CIB, PS&F regroups Multi-Asset Prime Brokerage (FX PB, Cash PB & Synthetic), Funding & Collateral Transformation (FCT), Derivatives Execution and Clearing (DEC) activities. Prime Brokerage Sales is responsible for originating new mandates particularly hedge funds, and responsible for growing existing client base organically.
- Support sales team to grow revenues and market share by identifying and originating new Prime Brokerage (Cash PB, Synthetic Financing and FXPB) mandates.
- Partner with other parts of PS&F including Client Solutions, Delta 1, Securities Lending etc. to enforce synergy.
- Work with Prime onboarding team to ensure smooth client experience.
- Liaise with Global Markets and Securities Services colleagues in both originating new business and covering existing clients.
- Assist to craft and execute a sub-regional sales strategy.
- Cross-sell Global Markets and Securities Services products and services.
- Assist with client educational events.
- Promote awareness of BNPP's Prime capabilities and aspirations in the local marketplace through various channels and methods.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Knowledge of Prime Brokerage, equities, fixed income products & derivatives (swaps, futures & options) would be a plus
- Adaptability & Change Management: Prime is going through a transformation phase. Within this ever changing environment, its team members require to be resilient and to drive change within the organization.
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Have a constant “delivery on time” mindset, both on answering the daily client queries side and on the projects handled. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Organization & good resistance to stress: Fast paced dynamic environment with several tasks to be performed at once; therefore excellent time management, proper prioritization and good positive resistance to stress are compulsory.
- Innovation and initiatives (Think “outside the box”): Demonstrate willingness to constantly improve the status quo.
- Understand well the processes in place and evaluate if needed, alternative options to do things better with a cost - benefits / ROI approach.
- Influential skills: in order to work with various other departments and make them prioritise your requests.
- Strong Communication skills: both verbal and written
- Attention to detail: Ability to notice & raise any abnormal processes
- Escalation & Reporting process: Internal rules of reporting and escalation need to be known & applied. The team member also needs to report any sensitive information/issues and escalate immediately to their management to allow proper time resolution.
- Strong Excel & Power Point skills
Primary Location: SG-06-Singapore
Job Type: Internship
Job: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: Beginner
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:3rd Mar 2022, 6:18 am