No other graduate programme provides you the same breadth of experiences across finance and multiple risk management areas as our Finance & Risk graduate programme. It is global in nature - Wherever you’re based, you’ll benefit from the same outstanding training, development, and support.
It is a 3-year rotational programme that provides hands-on experience working in real roles, to deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. Through the programme, you can expect to build a strong understanding of how risk is assessed, measured, and actively managed in an energy trading business.
Role rotations could include:
Operational Excellence: As part of the Operational Excellence team, you will help with managing, setting and promoting new and continuing improvement initiatives, compliant with Operational Risk processes across Trading & Shipping.
Commodity Risk: Working in Commodity risk means you must understand, control and constructively challenge trading activity and positions on a near real-time basis within Trading & shipping to ensure it is compliant and aligned to intended trading strategy. Commodity Risk teams are present on each of our trading floors to analyze consistency of risks, results and positions. They provide independent and unbiased daily market exposure.
Credit Risk: Trading & Shipping must have robust processes in place to monitor, understand and manage its credit risk. Credit risk includes counterparty performance risk and delivered unpaid credit risk. Credit risk is the potential for financial loss due to the bankruptcy or insolvency of a third party, or due to any other circumstances which result in such third party refusing or otherwise failing to perform its contractual payment or performance obligations to bp.
Commercial development: As part of the commercial development team you will enable commercial growth opportunities by supporting deal shaping, providing independent challenge and clearly articulating risks and rewards to allow sound business decisions. The commercial development team project manages dividual deals, exhibiting deep ownership and understanding of the business opportunity. They ensure business cases are expedited through the organization; work with Originators to develop deals and commercial agreements and coordinate business approvals and ensure effective engagement within internal partners.
Structured & Trade Finance: Structured and Trade Finance partners with traders and originators to identify and capture commercial opportunities, driving trading growth and margin expansion by structuring innovative and capital-optimized trade and structured finance solutions. As part of the global structured and trade finance team, we monetize working capital assets and externalize credit risks, enabling balance-sheet efficient trading.
The rotational programme will provide you with an invaluable breadth of experience and first-hand exposure to how our functions support our trading activities. Once hired into the graduate programme your world-class learning journey will incorporate online and virtual learning with face-to-face classroom and on-the-job training giving you the behavioral and technical skills you need to build a truly outstanding career. In addition, you'll have a buddy and mentor assigned to you, helping you to navigate the organization, guide your development and learn what it takes to be successful.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Be currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any discipline which could range from Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Arts to STEM.
- Be in your final year of study, graduating between August 2022 and July 2023 or graduated in the last one year.
- You are passionate about reimagining energy for people and our planet, are committed and adaptable and want to make a difference. Even though good levels of numeracy are important, you won’t necessarily need a formal technical background.
- You’ll bring well-rounded life experience, and your strong academic results will be supported by some work experience, everything from customer service to industry experience is great!
- You’ll have strong organizational skills and the ability to deliver results in a collaborative environment.
- Your agility to learn and adapt will be key along with the energy, motivation, and ownership to make the most of this fantastic opportunity.
- You’ll be comfortable making courageous and bold decisions, have digital fluency, a keen eye for analytics and the insights they provide.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Arts and Humanities, Banking and...
- Locations:Singapore (Singapore)
- Closing Date:16th Oct 2022, 6:00 pm