Our approach to your early training and career development, through the Management Trainee Programme, reflects our recognition that getting the right start is crucial to building a successful career. The Global Management Trainee Programme provides a foundation for your functional, managerial leadership skills and business awareness development.
This two-year trainee programme affords you the opportunity to fast track your career within our leading organisation.
- We support you on your own path through inspiring leaders who genuinely care about the difference you bring and support you in the difference you can make.
- We take you to new places and help you open up to new ideas, new ways of doing things and new challenges professionally.
- We create difference to transform the ways we work by empowering teams to create fresh ideas and different experiences, keeping us intelligent, innovative, ahead of the game.
Training and Development
The Management Trainee Programme which extends over two years, is designed to prepare our next generation of leaders.
You choose the business function that best suits your strengths and the programme structures your development around a clearly defined set of deliverables.
You will gain support and encouragement from three sources:
- Your coach will be your line manager, helping you get the most from the programme;
- Your mentor will be a Functional Director or Senior Manager from another function;
- Other management trainees will provide you with a network of contacts around the world.
We take a constant interest in your progress, conducting regular appraisals and offering the support and resources you need to succeed. We encourage individuals to enhance their skills and knowledge through learning from internal and external sources.
We believe that working with role models is important and gaining meaningful coaching and feedback will enhance your personal development.
From the very beginning, you’re in control. During regular discussions, your coach and mentor will encourage you to take charge of your own development and to actively manage your career with us.
After the Management Trainee Programme
So what happens when you complete the Management Trainee Programme? The reward for demonstrating the necessary performance and commitment is your first management role in British American Tobacco South Africa.
Your next step is to build on the skills you have learned and to start fulfilling your long-term aspirations. With support, information and encouragement from us, you can play an important role in identifying this next step. The key is to use your initiative.
Your formal learning opportunities don’t stop with the end of the Management Trainee Programme. We’re committed to continuing to develop you throughout your career with a wealth of open learning resources as well as functional, managerial leadership skills and business awareness training aimed at helping you to learn at your own pace in your own location.