Founded in 2012, ByteDance's mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2022 - people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with ByteDance.
Business Risk Integrated Control (BRIC) Team:
To protect ByteDance users, including and beyond content consumers, creators, advertisers; by securing platform health and community experience authenticity; through building infrastructures, platforms, technologies, and to collaborate with many cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
The BRIC team minimizes the damage of inauthentic behaviors on ByteDance platforms - covering multiple classical and novel community and business risk areas such as account integrity, engagement authenticity, anti-spam, API and growth health, live streaming security and financial safety (ads or e-commerce), etc.
In this team, you'll have a unique opportunity to have first-hand exposure to the strategy of the company in key security initiatives, especially in building scalable and robust, intelligent and privacy-safe, secure and product-friendly systems and solutions.
Our challenges are not some regular day-to-day technical puzzles - You'll be part of a team that's developing novel solutions to first-seen challenges of a non-stop evolvement of a phenomenal product eco-system. The work needs to be fast, transferable while still down to the ground to make quick and solid differences.
What You Will Do
- Respond to and mitigate business risks in ByteDance products including and not limited to abusive accounts, fake engagements, spammy redirection, scraping, fraud, etc.
- Establish reliable, efficient and modularized risk defense solutions, reduce the manual workload on ramping up risk controls on/against new business, risk area, or abusive means.
- Up level risk defense excellence on privacy/compliance, machine learning, risk perception and analysis, achieve in-depth defense portfolio.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year or recent graduate with a background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other STEM disciplines (e.g., finance if applying for payment fraud positions).
- Solid data mining or machine learning background.
- Proficiency in at least two Linux, Hadoop, Hive, Spark or Storm.
- Ability to think critically, objectively, rationally. Reason and communicate in a result-oriented, data-driven manner, with high autonomy.
- Deep understanding about modern machine learning theory and applications, especially around popular neural nets (e.g., natural language processing, graph embedding), and/or relevant unsupervised/semi supervised/transfer learning.
- Hands-on industrial model development skills and strong data science sense/habit.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm