Founded in 2012, ByteDance's mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2022 - people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with ByteDance.
The infrastructure team supports the company's fast growth by building and operating hyperscale datacenters. The team manages the end-to-end lifecycle of server fleet, providing cloud solutions and various infrastructure services ensuring that they are scalable and are reliable.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you would be tasked with development work in the following areas: Traffic infrastructure and load balancing systems, Cloud solutions and management platforms, big data platform and ETL pipelines, Host management and system engineering platforms and Access control and authorization services.
What You Will Do
- Design and build infrastructure services, systems, and platforms.
- Develop tools, automation, and monitors to operate infrastructure efficiently.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible end-to-end to the production environment by responding to performance and reliability issues and participating rotational on calls.
- Help improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure services from inception and design throughout development, to deployment, user support and refinement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year or recent graduate with a background in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, C++, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Python.
- Experience or knowledge in - Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond.
- Experience or knowledge in - Infrastructure solutions, AWS, Google, Azures, and other cloud services.
- Experience or knowledge in - Networking systems (TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, etc.).
- Experience or knowledge in - Traffic systems such as load balancers, NAT, and proxies, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of - Big data solutions such as Elasticsearch, Spark and Hadoop, which handle Terabytes of data.
- Experience or knowledge in - Building platform, automation, and tools to manage server fleet, their life cycles and systems running on top.
- Self-driven and capable of coping with ambiguity and moving projects from concept to delivery.
- Strong in analytical skills and the ability to solve real world problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience or knowledge in - Developing and operating one or more following systems - OpenStack, Kubernetes, Nginx, ipvs, ELK stack, Hadoop, etc.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm