CapitaLand is one of Asia’s largest diversified real estate groups. CapitaLand believes in growing its business in a sustainable manner to create long-term value for its investors and improve the economic and social well-being of its communities. The Group’s sustainability efforts have been consistently recognized globally.
The Trainee will report to CapitaLand’s Chief Sustainability Officer and will be part of the team to make an important contribution to CapitaLand’s ambitious elevation of its international best-in-class Environment Social Governance (ESG) performance and leadership position.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement various initiatives on the “environment, health and safety” (EHS) pillar of sustainability (Subjects include cutting-edge climate change and carbon advice, low energy transition, water conservation, waste management and climate resilience.).
- Assist to monitor and report on emerging global EHS trends and regulation directions to feed into CapitaLand’s strategies, including the product roadmaps, working alongside CapitaLand’s business and product development units to define future improvement plans.
- Assist to design strategy and action plan to implement the EHS pillar of CapitaLand’s sustainability strategy, maximize opportunities and minimize risks with a view to creating/improving economic value for the business.
- Assist to drive and engage with CapitaLand’s business units and corporate functions to ensure full implementation and integration of EHS, including internal education, training, disseminating knowledge, best practice and standards.
- Analyze and provide insight from data, measure performance and complete gap analysis against industry indices and best practice.
- Participate in any other Sustainability projects as directed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate Degree in Sustainability/ Environmental Science/ Environmental Management/ Environmental Engineering or relevant technical disciplines.
- Candidates without experience may apply.
- Passionate in energy and sustainability topics, such as developing greenhouse gas (GHG) strategies and inventories, carbon emissions inventories, water and waste footprints, and other environmental inventories.
- Entrepreneurial interest in growing a strategic platform within an expanding company.
- Strong organizational and planning skills demonstrated flexibility in approach and proactive can-do attitude.
- Self-motivated, independent and results oriented with an analytical mindset, as well as a team player.
The traineeship duration is from 28 October 2020 - 5 August 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm