Carousell is looking for a Strategy Intern in our next phase of growth, to make everything more accessible to everyone. The Strategy Team is a new team within Carousell, reporting directly to the Founders’ Office. We drive Carousell’s corporate strategy, with regional and total business coverage. We partner squads, functional and country teams to develop, cascade, and implement strategy end-to-end, with a focus on longer-range opportunities and challenges. You will report to the Strategy Director.
What You Will Do
Strategy Development and Research:
- Play a part in the analysis of new and existing (as well as competitors’) business models, partnerships and long-term business positioning, accounting for Carousell’s strengths, market opportunity and the external environment, working with business stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse global trends in user behaviour and marketplaces through desktop scans and interviews.
- Develop and drive quantitative and qualitative research to inform strategic choices. This includes user research, market surveys and in-house benchmarking of Carousell viz competitors, to inform strategic choices and responses.
- Research and dive into data on Carousell’s strengths in categories, as well as the total external market opportunity.
Execution of Strategic Projects:
- Where needed, assist in the execution of go-to-market plans, including working with peer stakeholders and adjacent teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good analytical abilities - Ability to quickly sense-make, scope out lines of inquiry for analysis, and develop implications/next steps for the business.
- Independent Problem-Solver - Strong bias for action, taking charge to own and drive projects. Can independently develop plans and problem-solve with minimal guidance.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:18th Jun 2020, 6:00 pm