This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work.
Work is normally performed according to specific, detailed instructions with latitude to act independently increasing with the individual’s professional development. The New Grad FSR will report directly to the FSS. They must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of all Solar product lines.
What You Will Do
- Understand and comply with Solar and customer HSSE policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety training including CLMS training courses.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacturer's recommendations, and good practices.
- Must be able to proactively recognize electrical/mechanical abnormalities and potential safety problems and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing and causing damage to equipment.
- Provide daily reports to the relevant manager on projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurately report and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable, customer representatives.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely and cost-effective manner. Will be aware of procedures and options for identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Work individually or with assigned FSR’s on the preventive/corrective maintenance. Will be required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out in line with Solar Engineering specifications, manufacturing recommendations and in a safe manner in accordance with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- Utilize the Workforce Management Process and system to manage work orders. This includes performing pre-work by reviewing and updating site safety information, managing employee information, and availability. The WFM application will also be used to record and report time, manage software and drawing changes, generate daily reports, review hardship data, and manage the task library.
Required Skills and Abilities
- The New Grad FSR will possess an Engineering Degree/HND with no more than 0 to 3 years’ experience in a related industry.
- Experience in an overseas/offshore environment is desirable as is familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems.
- This experience may be either Mechanical or Instrument/Electrical and will show an aptitude for a cross-disciplined approach to the job.
- Where regionally required, the New Grad FSR will hold and maintain an offshore medical and survival certificate and/or other training/certifications as needed.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
- Closing Date:4th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm