Provide support to Supervisors, division manager and EAME Aftermarket Solutions Reps with project management, data analysis, results tracking, events coordination, communication and coordination of division activities. You will transform data into meaningful and actionable insights.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering or Business Graduate to undertake a 12 month internship at CAT a long established global brand with a reputation for developing its people.
This is an ideal role for an Engineering Graduate that is looking to utilize their Engineering knowledge in a more commercially focused position.
Bringing your Engineering or Business Degree, Tenacity, Drive, Enthusiasm and Ambition to the table, we will provide you with a platform for personal and professional development. This role is focused on growing your business development skills such as customer engagement, stakeholder management and commercial acumen.
We see the successful candidate as someone who after completing a 12 month assignment, could under take roles within Aftermarket Solutions teams. The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
We offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 October 2021 - September 2022 in Johannesburg. The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
The graduate Internship program offers entry-level Intern positions with an opportunity to become a fixed employee if job performance is high and if hiring possibilities are available. This particular role could lead to an opportunity to become a Caterpillar Representative in one of our EAME Offices.
What You Will Do
- Support Customer Segment Projects including coordinating trainings & events.
- Facilitate multi-functional team communication and project management of deployment plans for team’s initiatives together with internal partners and dealers.
- Lead data gathering and data cleansing processes on a project-based basis.
- Build and manage ad-hoc tools to automate data analysis / visualization of parts product performance.
- Develop understanding of dealer and services and enable quality of analysis and recommendations.
- Support optimizing parts sales variance utilization.
- Support the team with identifying and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities.
- Report on business KPI’s.
- Monitor alignment with partners and division’s strategy.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Business or Engineering/Technical background (min. bachelor’s degree level required).
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Project management with a focus on results outcomes.
- Basic statistical knowledge, Basic understanding of databases is required.
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Pivot tables, macros, VBA, Power Point).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such Tableau is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data analysis into business recommendation.
- Customer approach - Empathy, focus, responsibility, drive, optimism.
- Able to influence others.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team player with an ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Marketing and...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm