A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Graduate to undertake a 12 month internship at CAT a long established global brand with a reputation for developing its people.
Bringing your Marketing Degree, Tenacity, Drive, Enthusiasm and Ambition to the table, we will provide you with a platform for personal and professional development. This role is focused on growing your business development skills such as customer engagement, stakeholder management and commercial acumen.
We see the successful candidate as someone who after completing a 12 month assignment could under take roles within customer representative teams. So if you have completed a degree in Marketing have real drive and an enthusiasm to learn we’d love to hear from you.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
With Us You Will:
- Have the opportunity to make the next step in your education more meaningful by providing practical on-the-job learning in an international business environment.
- Transform academic learning into business solutions while working on real projects.
- Develop a personal network in the business world.
- Experience a team concept that combines the skills and expertise of people from varied professional disciplines and backgrounds.
- Be part of a challenging work environment where initiative and innovation is encouraged and rewarded/ Work for a global leader.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to provide support to division manager and team, participate in projects, and coordinate important programs for the division, in the space of dealer capabilities improvements, business plan development, service operations and marketing / data analysis, results tracking ,events coordination.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to projects focusing on parts operations process improvements (6 Sigma & gateway methodology / Lean).
- Connect with internal partners as well as Cat dealers to extend your knowledge and network within Caterpillar.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the enterprise strategy, processes, systems, and methodologies (Services Growth, Sales, Service Operations, etc.).
- Support internal / external communications of the group.
- Potential for: event organization, large meeting logistics, and general meeting organization.
- Support division activities that promote the Cat Brand and Experience.
- Leading analytics projects to deliver specific business outcomes.
- Management and execution of manual and automated background data processes.
- Develop sales and product management analytics tools that identify opportunities for marketing and sales operations development.
- Access and use quantitative and qualitative data to build visual dashboards and tools that enable users to develop action-oriented insights.
- Track and generate reports and produce professional presentations that communicate our division initiatives, progress and results.
- Builds business reporting and tracking (monthly scorecard).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Analytics).
- Any project management certification (e.g. 6 Sigma Black Belt, CPS/Lean) is a plus.
- Ideally, experience in one or more of the following: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, MS Access, SQL, Python.
- Fluent in English.
- Other languages are a plus (French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or other).
- Strong analytic tools user and IT skills.
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations on based on facts and data as well as ambiguous data sources.
- A structured approach to problem solving utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Business Acumen.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm