As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth organisation with a pioneering, circular business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll become part of an efficient and collaborative global team making a real contribution to a smarter, more sustainable future.
The intern will be treated as a professional hire and will gain experience in a robust, global business environment. Time will be allocated to coaching & mentoring, answering questions, listening, and relationship building. They will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. They will learn how to apply critical thinking skills in problem identification and resolution. They will learn the implications of how decisions made affect both IT and our Customers (whether internal or external). They will learn accountability for their deliverable tasks.
What You Will Do
- Initial focus will be on testing and test management, with work expanding into other areas as skills and capabilities grow.
- Understand the importance of QA and its place within the overall SDLC.
- Partner with the other members of the QA and IT team to gain working knowledge of our software products, processes and tools utilized by QA. Software includes but is not limited to HP ALM, Worksoft,
- ServiceNOW, SAP, SAP Friori, BW, myCHEP, Siebel, Mobile applications.
- Shadow and collaborate with QA team members to understand why test cases are important and what makes a good test case, leading to creating test cases and related documentation on your own with minimal supervision.
- Work with QA team members to execute test cases and enter defects (when necessary).
- Able to document various QA processes and procedures.
- This includes applying QA best practices, methodologies and project lifecycle execution, as well as having the opportunity to learn about CHEP as a potential future employer. The ideal candidate will engage with CHEP employees as an equal QA team member and develop skills & techniques directly applicable to their careers. The ideal candidate will be a full member of the QA team and gain the experience of working within a team, and as a team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Majors Preferred - Business Management, Communications, Supply Chain, Finance, Logistics, Transportation, Operations Management, Information Technology.
- Experience and skills can be varied. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for an opportunity to learn about the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA).
- The successful candidate will be able to: contribute on projects, collaborate with others in a team environment as well as working independently on tasks, have good problem-solving skills and be able to clearly communicate with other QA team members, IT professionals as well as our business partners.
- Experience with the MS Office Suite is required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:11th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm