Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact.
You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
The Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) reduces the risk of loss as a result of security incidents for Cisco-owned businesses. CSIRT regularly engages in proactive threat assessment, mitigation planning, incident detection and response, incident trending with analysis, and security architecture.
What You Will Do
- The security analyst will sustain and improve usage of network security tools to support CSIRT's security monitoring and incident response services. CSIRT deploys and support network IDS, proxy-based malware filtering solutions, host intrusion prevention tools, log management and analysis, device syslog processing, and network traffic inspection tools. CSIRT develops custom integration tools for interfacing with Cisco infrastructure, security tools, and for conducting security investigations.
- Based on the business need, your skillset, and your preference, you will be involved in one or more of the following activities:
- Work to setup and tune monitoring plays involving multiple security monitoring products and data feeds
- Work to develop and tune documented process for incident and alert handling
- Escalate to CSIRT investigators and external support teams to assist in analysis and event resolution. Document cases, procedures, analysis, and investigations accurately and thoroughly (including best-practice documentation). Inform higher-level priorities, improvements and problem resolutions to improve effectiveness of Cisco CSIRT & InfoSec.
- Constructively challenge and improve existing tools, processes and procedures. Assist CSIRT with continued enhancement of Cisco's security tools
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master's degree in a technical field, such as Networking, Computer Science,
- Electrical/Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a similar field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Passionate about cybersecurity, information technology or computer science
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies, holding Cisco Certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or industry recognized certifications is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Willing to take on new challenges and develop new skills
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:27th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm