You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for full-time Analysts to join the Investment Banking team in Johannesburg. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting, and distributing equity, debt, and derivative securities.
If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok! As an Investment Banking Analyst, you will join a training program where you will receive an in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture. Whatever your degree is in, we will give you the training you need to excel.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Analyst program has a six week, in-depth classroom training program in London starting in July. After the training you will return to your team in Johannesburg and your training will continue on the job. By the 3rd year of the programme internal mobility opportunities will be available. Top performing analysts in their 3rd year with Citi will be eligible for a one year rotation within an alternative team within or outside EMEA.
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research and analyze industry trends related to business development.
- Build financial models, assess valuation, and explore corporate finance solutions for big-picture financial analyses.
- Participate in client development, including coordinating data with clients and assisting in presentation of new ideas to clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are in your final year of University or have graduated.
- Strong academics.
- Have an Interest in business.
- You are fluent in a 2nd language (this is desirable but not essential).
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments.
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas.
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making.
- Interest in business.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm