You're the brains behind our work - You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth.
Our Winter Internship programme is a 3-week paid vacation internship programme commencing on 12th July until 30th July for undergraduate university students.
The three week programme offers hands on or virtual (dependent on COVID regulations at the time), practical work experience in one of our key business areas and offers a real insight into what working at Citi is like.
- Hands on work experience as a member of a specific business unit within the bank.
- Get a solid understanding of the broad range of financial services and products Citi provides.
- Learn to build financial models and develop corporate finance solutions for our clients - we strive to create the best outcomes for our clients with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible.
- Conduct research and analyze industry trends to support our bespoke advice and superior value proposition.
- Participate in client development where Citi aims to be the best banking partner for our clients by delivering differentiated client experiences and maintaining a reputation for excellence and integrity that spans everything we do.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
Whether you’ve got prior financial industry experience or not, this 3-week internship provides an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial services organizations. If your internship is successful, you could be considered for one of Citi’s full-time graduate programmes including the CFA programme. These uniquely designed full-time programmes place university graduates in specific functional teams within the bank.
Our full-time programmes start with extensive classroom training and also the opportunity to complete globally recognized qualifications. In addition, winter interns will gain visibility of the permanent positions available to graduates that we have within the bank, both locally in South Africa or at one of Citi’s international offices.
Required Skills and Abilities
- We look for highly motivated candidates with a strong work ethic, a positive and proactive mindset, and a firm desire to learn and succeed.
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical.
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities.
- Studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering and Information Technology subjects are beneficial but not essential A strong academic record at both Matric and university level is important.
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial markets and banking industry.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape A strong desire to learn and success in team environments.
- Commitment to personal growth and career development.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Information...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 6:00 pm