The banking industry is evolving rapidly and dramatically, driven by customer demands for great experiences, simple solutions, and innovative ideas. Join us as we look to enhance the customer and colleague experience by harnessing the power of data and advanced analytics.
The Data Scientist Intern is responsible for assembling, managing, and investigating data to be used for various analytical purposes including developing insights, optimizing investment spend, identifying new marketing opportunities, and providing strategic direction to senior management. This full-time position allows a student to work within a big data business environment and leverage that environment to support the development of models, insights, and data intelligence that drive retention/growth programs and optimization of a variety of bank functions, including origination, servicing and account management, operations, underwriting, risk, etc.
What You Will Do
- Investigating/mining new data streams to assess utility and ability to connect to the existing environment.
- Maintaining and executing programs to merge/assemble data for analytic uses.
- Researching growing market trends and mine the Citizens data intelligence to develop new insights that can guide the strategic direction of the Citizens Bank lines of business.
- Documenting and communicating technical/analytic results for a non-technical audience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Math, Data Analytics, or related.
- Pursuing a Master’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021.
- Statistical programming experience with a variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Splus, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology.
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical concepts and procedures, such as generalized linear models, experimental design, stochastic processes, response surface methodology, and statistical graphics.
- Ability to understand, prepare, and present statistical results.
- Strong programming skills and the ability to utilize a variety of data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, etc.).
- Full-time 40 hours/week in summer and breaks; flexible during the school year.
- Eagerness to learn about a big data environment within a large, retail bank.
- Job type:Internships
Ohio (United States...
- Closing Date:30th May 2020, 6:00 pm