We’re developing the next generation of technologists. The financial industry is evolving and Citizens is striving towards becoming a top technology destination for customers and colleagues. Our technology team is rapidly transforming by digitizing our business and driving “Next-gen” technology experiences for our customers.
The Technology Summer Internship Program is a critical program within Technology Services for cultivating talented, early career professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As an intern, you will assist our technologists in driving exceptional customer experiences through transformative projects and initiatives.
Pave the way for a robust career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership. In addition, you’ll experience an environment that fosters equality - Where all colleagues and customers can feel valued, respected and heard. After all, diversity and inclusion is an essential element of our success here at Citizens.
As an intern on the Cloud Engineering team, you will work alongside talented engineers to help modernize the way Citizens stores and accesses data. Working in a collaborative environment, you will enhance your engineering expertise while helping to seize opportunities for cloud implementation.
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of Technology Services at Citizens. You’ll participate in critical projects, meet experienced leaders, and enhance your technical skills as you position yourself as a possible candidate for our full-time development program.
As an intern in this program, we will match you with a Mentor who will help guide you through the summer program. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional.
Throughout The Summer, You’ll Experience:
- Orientation with all Technology Services interns.
- Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Communicating with Impact).
- Weekly Experienced Speaker Series with executive leadership.
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ).
- Dedicated community service activities.
Near the end of the program, you’ll be given early consideration for the full-time Technology Development Program (TDP). High performing interns interested in pursuing a career in Technology Services will have an opportunity to interview for the program before the summer ends.
The TDP is a full-time program aimed at enhancing your skills in coding, agile practices, design thinking, data management, technical knowledge of bank applications and infrastructure, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to build a rewarding and meaningful career.
What You Will Do
- Helping to support the implementation of cloud-based solutions throughout the organization.
- Offering technical support to cloud-based solutions end-users and stakeholders.
- Assisting with monitoring the performance of cloud applications and solutions; analyzing opportunities for improvement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other technology-related degree.
- Expected graduation date of May 2022.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Exposure to cloud engineering via internships or coursework, which could include - Developing cloud solutions, cloud architecture, and cloud application design.
- Cyber security coursework preferred.
- Exposure to one or more of the following preferred - VMware, vSAN, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, NSX, SDN.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
Rhode Island (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm