We’re developing the next generation of technologists. The financial industry is evolving and Citizens is striving towards becoming a top technology destination for customers and colleagues. Our technology team is rapidly transforming by digitizing our business and driving “Next-gen” technology experiences for our customers.
The Technology Summer Internship Program is a critical program within Technology Services for cultivating talented, early career professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As an intern, you will assist our technologists in driving exceptional customer experiences through transformative projects and initiatives.
Pave the way for a robust career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership. In addition, you’ll experience an environment that fosters equality - Where all colleagues and customers can feel valued, respected and heard. After all, diversity and inclusion is an essential element of our success here at Citizens.
The Enterprise Services team within Technology Services is using data to drive decisions to ensure the best technology experience for our colleagues. As a Database Engineer Intern, you will perform basic data analysis and visualization functions.
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of Technology Services at Citizens. You’ll participate in critical projects, meet experienced leaders, and enhance your technical skills as you position yourself as a possible candidate for our full-time development program.
As an intern in this program, we will match you with a Mentor who will help guide you through the summer program. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional.
Throughout The Summer, You’ll Experience:
- Orientation with all Technology Services interns.
- Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Communicating with Impact).
- Weekly Experienced Speaker Series with executive leadership.
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ).
- Dedicated community service activities.
Near the end of the program, you’ll be given early consideration for the full-time Technology Development Program (TDP). High performing interns interested in pursuing a career in Technology Services will have an opportunity to interview for the program before the summer ends.
The TDP is a full-time program aimed at enhancing your skills in coding, agile practices, design thinking, data management, technical knowledge of bank applications and infrastructure, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to build a rewarding and meaningful career.
What You Will Do
- Working with the business and agile teams to understand and clarify business data requirements, data needs, and data sources.
- Sourcing and collecting data from internal company repositories and systems.
- Cleaning and analyzing data using various applications.
- Visualizing data through the creation of graphics and dashboards.
- Interpreting data for meaning and insights tied to business needs.
- Communicating results to stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other technology-related degree.
- Expected graduation date of May 2022.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exposure to data-related programming languages, such as Python or R.
- Understanding of data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
Rhode Island (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm