We’re developing the next generation of technologists. The financial industry is evolving and Citizens is striving towards becoming a top technology destination for customers and colleagues. Our technology team is rapidly transforming by digitizing our business and driving “Next-gen” technology experiences for our customers.
The Technology Summer Internship Program is a critical program within Technology Services for cultivating talented, early career professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As an intern, you will assist our technologists in driving exceptional customer experiences through transformative projects and initiatives.
Pave the way for a robust career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership. In addition, you’ll experience an environment that fosters equality - Where all colleagues and customers can feel valued, respected and heard. After all, diversity and inclusion is an essential element of our success here at Citizens.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives within the Managed File Transfer space. By leveraging your technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce disruptive technologies that will ensure Citizens’ market leadership.
In this 10-week program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of Technology Services at Citizens. You’ll participate in critical projects, meet experienced leaders, and enhance your technical skills as you position yourself as a possible candidate for our full-time development program.
As an intern in this program, we will match you with a Mentor who will help guide you through the summer program. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities to further develop you as a professional.
Throughout The Summer, You’ll Experience:
- Orientation with all Technology Services interns.
- Professional development workshops (such as Personal Branding and Communicating with Impact).
- Weekly Experienced Speaker Series with executive leadership.
- Social activities (such as sporting events or a bank-wide intern BBQ).
- Dedicated community service activities.
Near the end of the program, you’ll be given early consideration for the full-time Technology Development Program (TDP). High performing interns interested in pursuing a career in Technology Services will have an opportunity to interview for the program before the summer ends.
The TDP is a full-time program aimed at enhancing your skills in coding, agile practices, design thinking, data management, technical knowledge of bank applications and infrastructure, and leadership. You will have the opportunity to build a rewarding and meaningful career.
What You Will Do
- Helping to design, develop and implement solutions which address business needs, ensuring system responsiveness, reliability and resiliency.
- Assisting in troubleshooting, research and root cause analysis for system issues.
- Gain exposure to an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, maintaining system compliance with policies, regulations and best practices.
- Performing data analysis to understand system health, performance and to provide information for initiatives.
- Assisting with documenting development iterations, ensuring the quality of technical documentation and creating progress reports.
- Participating in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other technology-related degree.
- Expected graduation date of May 2022.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Experience with software development via internships or coursework, including - Collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations.
- Understanding of data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exposure to AWS/AZURE/GCP preferred.
- Exposure to Jira for Agile project management preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
Rhode Island (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm