To enhance all profit opportunities by providing analysis to inform critical business decisions effectively contributing towards the business pricing strategy.
What You Will Do
- To monitor the effects of the pricing strategy based on insights gained from scenario analysis considering category elasticity and price zones.
- To executive recommendations based on alignment to business pricing strategy.
- To maintain pricing rules such as Good/Better/Best and assist the categories in applying these rules accurately.
- To review, propose and manage all pricing rules on a monthly basis.
- Review competitor promotional pricing trends and provide insights to the category teams to enhance competitive advantage.
- To oversee and report on deviations to system recommended pricing on a weekly basis.
- To extract and review weekly competitor price recommendations and inform decision makers of insights gained.
- Analyse performance in relation to competitors and make recommendations on new competitor data sets and new price zones.
- Work with Category and Space Teams as part of the range review process using the Product Performance matrix.
- Assist categories in identifying opportunities to achieving strategic objectives using the Product Performance matrix.
- Prepare all relevant insights for reporting including weekly scorecard and Brand Monitor pricing report.
- Review ABSA basket price checks and prepare feedback.
- Support business initiatives, projects and strategies by provide ad hoc analysis as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BCom or Business Science Degree in Finance or Statistics, Data Science or related.
- 2-3 years' experience in pricing management within the retail, telecommunications, or financial service industry.
- Experience with SQL or any data warehousing tool would be advantageous.
- Experience working effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Good applied statistics skills including statistical testing, regression.
- Ability to translate complex, data-intense analytics into actionable recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey findings to both peers and upper-level management.
- Team player with the ability to excel in an agile, collaborative, and ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Strong mathematical skills and the ability to see marketing patterns and trends.
- Financial modelling - Using Excel.
- Finance and budgeting.
- IT Data base/Data warehouse (understanding how data flows from various systems).
- SQL coding.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of JDA and/or statistical software.
Closed 3 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Data Science and Analytics
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:14th May 2021, 6:00 pm