Cognia Law offers an alternative to candidates who want to experience a different side of law. The successful candidate will be part of a team based in Cape Town. The candidate will receive in-depth training, so prior work experience is not a requirement.
As a graduate your responsibilities will include, providing support across Cognia Law’s legal service lines, including data collection projects, transactional due diligence accounts/ projects, and litigation support accounts/ projects, this will be done under the guidance of a line manager and/or high level associates.
This opportunity will stand the successful candidate in good stead when applying for articles after the program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Law degree from a top tertiary institution.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
- Languages: English - Spoken and written (required).
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written/ verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Developed skills in legal drafting.
- Commercial, proactive and business-like mind-set.
- A good grasp of Microsoft Office applications.
- Be comfortable with technological applications, plus a knowledge of legal review platforms will be beneficial.
- Good time management skills and the ability to operate well in high-pressure environments.
- Strong team player.
- Risk sensitivity and the ability to know when to escalate an issue.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm