Life at Coherent is about doing what it takes to think clearly and act decisively. We strive to cut away complexity and hierarchy and focus on the work at hand. This means everyone gets opportunities to take the lead on projects and grow their skills and abilities.
We want everyone in Coherent to do their best work. This is why we’re building a coaching environment, where everyone gets regular feedback, support and encouragement. We also offer a range of training programmes to help you polish your professional skills.
Now you may be wondering what your day-to-day will look like. You will...
The Coherent Spark platform manages millions of complex calculation steps for our customers. Our clients define these and the associated parameters in standard Excel files. Our core solution manages these inputs, refactors them, and makes the underlying logic run at speed in parallelized cloud environments.
Your task is to assist in the further performance optimization of the code that runs the low-level calculations. This will require deep thinking, creativity and optimization skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are in the top 20% of your class in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Currently year 3 or year 4 undergraduate or postgraduate students who can be dedicated to an 8 -12 week internship.
- Experience with code profiling tools and performance optimization.
- A passion for algorithms, data structures and writing optimal code.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks. Interaction with others will likely be virtual. We are an enthusiastic bunch and there will be regular check-ins, but this is largely self-directed work. You do get to set your own hours.
- If you do not love the idea of disappearing into a pile of code for days on end- emerging out the other side with 20ms performance gain and some great stories of how you did the impossible – then this job is not for you.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm