Identify and implement margin improvement (FTG) projects for packaging items. Will work closely with multiple functions, including Production, Product Development, Supply Chain, Marketing, Quality, and Logistics as well as outside suppliers, contractors and consultants to achieve desired goals.
What You Will Do
- Initiate and lead packaging simplification projects for cost saving and process improvement.
- Will be supporting activities needed to design, develop and implement new and/or improved packaging's to meet business goals, new product launches, and/or graphics revisions, RLs.
- Will be source of technical information for new projects printing, Artwork requirements and capability evaluation for Suppliers.
- Implement package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages for robust and safe product launches. Able to implement packaging tests, shipment tests and report them.
- Provides efficient and timely documentation of local specifications for packages.
- Keep updated Packaging Material Specifications in SAP/PGSS.,BOM/MDGM Creation and updates, DC creation, Plant trial request, Po creation.
- Update test master plans, creation and update of SOP Packaging MoC, and TT Checklists, BEAT projects updates and coordinating also.
- Support identifying root causes of packaging quality defects and driving resolution, and corrective actions plan.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum standard of Diploma in a relevant field.
- 1-2 years' experience, in industry and/or internships (Advantageous).
- Experience gained in education or within a similar role, relevant experience includes packaging, manufacturing, or materials.
- This role will suit a candidate from a materials, engineering or product design discipline who has experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Production & Printing processes, Material Selection and Design process is preferable.
- Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role.
- Preferably the candidate will also have an understanding of MS Office, Cape Pack software, MS Project, preferred SAP knowledge & skills.
- Managing multiple priorities with minimal guidance, detail oriented, high level of communication skills with both internal and external groups.
- Being team work oriented and having high level of analytical, interpersonal skills.
- Quick decision making ability under pressure.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm