Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as a Medicl Technologist 1 in Singapore! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable.
In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
What You Will Do
The Immunology Department provides a good overview of the various immunological techniques from automation to manual testing applied in clinical trials. He or she will learn about the various assays and their applications which are essential for clinical and comerical application which has facilitated the discovery of new diagnostics and treatments to manage a wide array of dieases.
- You will be trained across the various benches in Immunology Department from automated instrumentation to manual EIA testing techniques.
- Good understanding of clinical testing from sample collection to testing and the use of different tests.
- Trained in the operation and maintenance of multiple analyzers.
- Perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- The intern will be trained in pre-anlaytical, analytical and post-anaytical aspects of the department workflow and the applications of various assyas.
- Student will gain clinical experience working in the laboratory of a drug development company.
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Good pipetting skills.
- Concept of Westgard rules and introduction of online quality control tools.
- Inventory management
- Presentation skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Open to current undergraduate with Bachelor of Science degree (Biological Sciences/Biomedical).
- Detail oriented with good organization and multitasking ability.
- Able to communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Collaboration spirit with internal and external clients.
- Creative and self-motivated individual .
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:27th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm