Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization - When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world.
With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-caliber individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders.
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility.
- Global career development opportunities.
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles.
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
We are looking for a dynamic Intern Analyst to join the Global Corporate Communications team in CPP Investments’ Public Affairs and Communications (“PAC”) Department in the Hong Kong Office. You will report to the Director of Global Corporate Communications, APAC.
What You Will Do
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with colleagues across CPP Investments. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Global Corporate Communications team in reputation management by conducting research and media scans to identify reputation considerations for new investments.
- Managing a database of reputation risk assessments and tracking relevant developments at portfolio companies.
- Updating of APAC related corporate materials and disclosures and translating certain materials (English to Chinese).
- Coordinating the press release and public disclosure process including writing and proofing related content and liaising with other departments for content update and approval.
- Supporting the Director of Global Corporate Communications APAC on executives’ media engagement and external speaking engagement, including preparing briefing materials and speeches and coordinating with external parties.
- Tracking media articles related to CPP Investments and key portfolio companies as well as compiling coverage reports.
- Drafting internal communications and intranet articles.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to helping you grow your skills and gain world-class experience. Working within a strong culture of collaboration, you will discover our rewarding and challenging internships. We have leaders who listen to every member of the team and trust them with meaningful work. This translates into immediate and unparalleled learning.
The summer program begins with an Intern Orientation for you to engage with fellow Interns and learn about the resources and programs available to you. We offer company-wide departmental overviews for you to explore more about what we do at CPP Investments and give you the opportunity to gain exposure to leadership across the firm. You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through stimulating on-the-job assignments. You will participate in additional summer programming such as our Intern Case Competition and our Speaker Series where each session focuses on a different aspect of our culture including Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion & Diversity and much more. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role.
Required Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will need to possess the capabilities for in-depth research and understanding of complex issues with potential reputational impact to CPP Investments. Knowledge of the macro-economy and financial markets in China and India will be an asset. The candidate should be a strong writer with attention to detail and project management skills.
- Candidates in an undergraduate or graduate program that will be returning to school in the autumn of 2021 are eligible to apply. Working towards a degree in Communications, Media, Political Science, International Relations, Business or an associated field of study.
- Excellent command of both English and Chinese (written, oral).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrable business literacy would be an asset.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Word/Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach and actively contributes to joint projects and initiatives.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Detail and results-oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with senior team members.
- Demonstrated strength in project management to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of projects.
- Able to work flexible hours outside of core office hours as required.
- Exemplifies the Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Communications
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm