Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization.
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability.
The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high potential individuals from around the globe.
Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders.
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility.
- Global career development opportunities.
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles.
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to helping you grow your skills and gain world-class experience. Working within a strong culture of collaboration, you will discover our rewarding and challenging internships. We have leaders who listen to every member of the team and trust them with meaningful work. This translates into immediate and unparalleled learning.
The summer program begins with an Intern Orientation for you to engage with fellow Interns and learn about the resources and programs available to you. We offer company-wide departmental overviews for you to explore more about what we do at CPP Investments and give you the opportunity to gain exposure to leadership across the firm.
You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through stimulating on-the-job assignments. You will participate in additional summer programming such as our Intern Case Competition and our Speaker Series where each session focuses on a different aspect of our culture including Employee Resource Groups, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion and much more. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role.
We are looking for a summer Intern Analyst to join the Global Public Affairs team in CPP Investments’ Public Affairs and Communications (‘PAC’) Department. The Intern Analyst, Greater China Public Affairs is based in CPP Investments’ Hong Kong office.
This role will report to the Director, Greater China Public Affairs and have the opportunity to work with colleagues across CPP Investments.
Key responsibilities will include content and logistics support to CEO and Regional Head in-market engagement programs and key conference/forum speaking occasions, CPP Investments thought leadership events, political and regulatory risk assessment of investments as well as supporting the team’s research on geopolitical, political and regulatory issues in Greater China.
The successful candidate will need to possess the capabilities for in-depth research and distilling complex information into compelling, concise content and producing targeted materials for a variety of audiences. Knowledge of China’s macro-economy and financial regulation will be a great asset. The candidate is also required to be detail and results-oriented, capable to manage multiple tasks under pressure and ensure the efficient and timely delivery.
- Working closely with our partners and suppliers in China as well as Public Affairs and Communications team in HK, London and Toronto to ensure close collaboration and seamless execution of the key responsibilities and other cross-team initiatives as appropriate.
- Supporting the Greater China Public Affairs team on CEO/Head of APAC government engagement programs and help preparing briefing materials, letters and speeches for them and other management team members when necessary.
- Supporting the Greater China Public Affairs team on assessing political and regulatory risks on new deals, and uploading the relevant information into our risk tracking database.
- Managing the Greater China Public Affairs team’s stakeholder contact database.
- Supporting the Director, Greater China Public Affairs on public policy research in in Greater China.
Required Skills and Abilities
A completely fluent (written, oral) Mandarin speaker is a requirement for this role. Only applications that meet this requirement will be considered.
- Candidates in an undergraduate program that will be returning to school in the autumn of 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Working towards a degree in Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Business or an associated field of study. Knowledge of economics/finance, government/public affairs and the investment management industry would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures.
- Extremely organized and efficient.
- Exceptional writing skills with demonstrable business literacy would be an asset.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Word/Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- Commands the ability to distill complex information into compelling, concise content and produce targeted materials for a variety of audiences.
- High-performing team player with a collaborative approach and actively contributes to joint projects and initiatives.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Detail and results-oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with senior team members.
- Demonstrated strength in project management to ensure the efficient and timely delivery of projects.
- Exemplifies the Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm