We are hiring a Trainee in our Agency & Middle Office – KYC Team and s/he will be responsible for performing maker and adviser roles for Know Your Customer (“KYC”) files of Hong Kong Branch and for assisting Relationship Managers and Product Lines (together “RMs”) in performing data collection, data capture and KYC due diligence checking on customers.
This position is for those who have already completed their graduation requirement by December 2021 and are ready to start working in January 2022.
As a KYC maker assisting RMs in performing KYC functions (on-boarding, periodic review, modification and closure).
The key responsibilities include:
- To take ownership for maintaining a high standard of accuracy throughout all stages of the KYC process
- To gather KYC documentation from internal and public information sources
- To liaise with clients and/or prepare draft e-mails to clients to assist RMs in collecting KYC documents
- To follow up and support questions from clients directly in relation to KYC data collection
- To assist RMs in preparing draft WRM memos with non-compliance risks
- To provide suggestions and solutions to FO for alternative documents which can fulfill the KYC requirements
- To analyse the AML & CTF risk of FS triggers such as PEP, adverse information, business exposure in Tier 3/4 & sanctioned countries and under-watch activities;
- To conduct KYC checking by using different name screening tools;
- To analyse KYC documentation and capture database input;
- To coordinate with RMs, Financial Security, (Global Referential Management) GRM HO, GRM Singapore and other internal departments on completion of KYC
- To liaise with internal departments, GRM HO and GRM Singapore on interpretation, clarification and implementation of KYC rules, guidelines, procedures, systems & project handling
- To update KYC status reports and related databases
- To make contribution to a positive, supporting and proactive working culture by sharing KYC knowledge and expertise from both local and global regulatory requirements
Different types of counterparts (e.g. listed/unlisted corporates, funds, SPVs, etc.) with different relationship types (e.g. borrower, guarantor, securities issuer, sponsor, etc.) are involved. The RMs are located in Hong Kong and from various business lines.
- Bachelor graduates preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines with less than 12 months’ full-time experiences
- Internship experiences in handling KYC is preferred
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and interest in documentation review
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, willing-to-learn attitude and hard working
- Good computer skills in Excel, MS words and Adobe
- Good initiative, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills both in English and Cantonese, additional proficiency in Mandarin preferable
For Interested candidates, please apply on our Career Website. A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate. We also provide you with medical, life insurance benefits and provident fund scheme.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2021, 3:59 pm