The CSIR has internship opportunity in the Mining and Mineral Resources Impact Area within the Future Production: Mining Cluster. The laboratory serves as both a research laboratory and research support within the CSIR Mining group and it also conducts daily analytical testing for both the public and private sector.
What You Will Do
Under supervision, the Intern will assist with the following:
- Carry out analyses for simple methods in the laboratory independently within required quality and production parameters according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate basic analytical instrumentation independently.
- Perform basic instrument maintenance.
- Prepare samples for analysis.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), quality system (ISO17025) and Environmental Health and Safety procedures. Carry out routine analysis in an ISO17025 accredited laboratory.
- Accurate, efficient and effective production at minimum turnaround times.
- Proficiency test scores acceptable for work conducted.
- Reporting of completed results under supervision of Experienced Analyst.
- Reporting of results to laboratory head.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A National diploma in Analytical Chemistry or Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
- One year relevant work experience in a laboratory environment will be an added advantage.
- Ability to capture and report analytical data to superiors.
- Ability to interact with peers and superiors.
- Must be computer literate and have competency in MS Office.
- Must have good writing and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and have the ability to work accurately and well under pressure.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Science
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Jul 2019, 6:00 pm