The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation that researches, develops, localises and diffuses technologies to accelerate socio-economic prosperity in South Africa. The organisation’s work contributes to industrial development and supports a capable state.
The CSIR has an Internship opportunity in ICT Services Centre. The incumbent will do first-line support to end-users within the CSIR.
What You Will Do
- Assemble, configure and support end-point devices, inclusive of the necessary user support required.
- Perform the necessary debugging on all equipment to ensure proper functionality, and help out on all projects that involve end-user support.
- Perform basic network and telephony service support, installations, configuration and general user advice where required.
- Assist with software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Assist with desktop management, maintenance and roll-out mechanism.
- Provide support on both network and stand-alone printers.
- Ensure desktop functionality is available and accessible at all times to CSIR end-users.
- Ensure quality service is provided to clients.
- Support Microsoft and Linux desktops in a Novell environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A National diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- A+ certificate would be advantageous.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good customer relations and communication skills.
- Stress management skills and ability to handle difficult customers.
- A team player and lateral thinker who takes initiative.
- Job type:Internships
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2019, 6:00 pm