The CSIR has two Internship opportunities for Library and Information Science in the Records Management and Archival Services Stream. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in the library and information services field within a research and development environment.
What You Will Do
- Index archival research and corporate records.
- Conduct shelving and categorising of the archival records.
- Conduct collection audits and disposal of archival materials.
- Fulfil general Records Management and Archival duties (maintain the Archive – cleanliness of the Archive, check climate and gas control systems, shelving, digitisation).
- Assist clients with archives requests under the guidance of the Archives technicians.
- Participate in special projects to keep abreast of trends.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Library/ Information Science.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Customer service attitude.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Goal oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Job type:Internships
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:11th Jan 2020, 6:00 pm