The CSIR is has an Internship opportunity for an Intern in the Sustainability Science and Resources Economics impact area within the Smart Places Cluster. The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through performing Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment of alternative grocery carrier bags.
What You Will Do
- Conduct an environmental life cycle assessment of alternative grocery carrier bag options in South Africa.
- Make use of relevant Life Cycle Assessment software and database(s).
- Work with the project team to ensure integration with the social and economic assessments toward a Life
- Cycle Sustainability Assessment.
- Assist in compiling a report on the methodology and the results of the assessment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Master’s degree in engineering with training in Life Cycle Assessment.
- Specific application of life cycle assessment to plastics or knowledge of the environmental impacts of plastics and specifically plastic carrier bags is desirable.
- Additional knowledge with respect to Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment will be advantageous.
- Job type:Internships
Stellenbosch (South Africa)
- Closing Date:10th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm