The CSIR has three Internship opportunities in the National Centre for Nano Structured Material impact area, within the Chemicals Cluster. The purpose of the Internship is to equip new graduates with practical work experience and provide them with exposure to different research projects.
What You Will Do
Under supervision, the Intern will be required to:
- Perform polymer nanocomposites: polymer processing and material characterization.
- Conduct literature searches for research projects.
- Conduct experimental work in the laboratory for research projects.
- Assist with the operation of equipment in the chemical plant in a very safe and environmentally friendly manner (training will be provided).
- Assist with characterisation of products/materials (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, etc.
- Compile reports and other project related documents.
- Assist with thorough housekeeping of labs and scaling-up plants.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that all the safety devices installed on the autoclave reactor and that they are operational.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A National Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- A Bachelors and Honours degree will be advantageous.
- Research and report-writing skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Package.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, and to perform consistently under pressure.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm