The CSIR has Internship opportunities in the Strategic Procurement portfolio. The incumbents will gain experience in sourcing goods and services as well as exposure to procurement-related administrative tasks. These positions are based in Pretoria.
What You Will Do
- Source and obtain quotations.
- Create, issue and expedite orders.
- Liaise with internal and external clients/customers.
- Provide administrative support and handle general procurement enquiries.
- Assist with information gathering for reports and auditing purposes.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures, rules and regulations, legislative objectives and other related frameworks.
- Perform any other supply chain management tasks as and when mandated.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A three-year diploma or degree in supply chain management.
- Computer literacy and numerical skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Problem-solving ability and communication skills.
- High degree of customer focus and care.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team is essential.
- Job type:Internships
Logistics and Supply Chain, Management
Pretoria (South Africa)
- Closing Date:6th Jun 2019, 6:00 pm