The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is so much more than just another convention centre. An exceptional centre requires exceptional staff and the culture of the CTICC is one of teamwork, recognition, personal accountability, and service excellence. We understand that it is our people who make us the success we are and, as a result, we make every effort to ensure that we recruit talented, qualified and enthusiastic team players, who are able to embrace our values, fit in with our culture and recognise the value of hard work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
What You Will Do
- The successful Graduates will be assigned to the cold, hot, pastry and coffee shop kitchen on a 3 months rotational basis assisting with the following activities:
- Learn different procedures of food preparation and help chefs during the cooking process.
- Learn how to operate commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens, fryers etc.
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of chefs.
- Learn how to set up food stations by following sous chef’s instructions.
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time.
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards.
- Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean and organized at all times i.e. maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic.
- Ensure that all leftover food is stored properly following hygiene procedures.
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in accordance with CTICC’s procedures.
- Comply with CTICC security, fire regulations and all Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist other kitchen areas wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Matric certificate or equivalent.
- Qualification in Culinary or Food & Beverage Management is essential.
- Basic Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours including night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- This position would suit an individual with good communication skills with a good command of spoken and written English language, excellent customer service attributes, excellent grooming and hygiene standards, have a positive attitude, a team player, hardworking with the ability to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm