The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) is so much more than just another convention centre. An exceptional centre requires exceptional staff and the culture of the CTICC is one of teamwork, recognition, personal accountability, and service excellence. We understand that it is our people who make us the success we are and, as a result, we make every effort to ensure that we recruit talented, qualified and enthusiastic team players, who are able to embrace our values, fit in with our culture and recognise the value of hard work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
The Quantity Surveyor is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering building development projects of varying size and complexity. The Quantity Surveyor is required to assist the project manager with administrative duties as well as cost estimation, tender processes and closing off of financial aspects of projects.
What You Will Do
- Assisting the project team with cost estimates for project planning and budget planning.
- To ensure that effective procurement policies, procedures and systems are adhered to.
- Sourcing market related quotes from the CTICC vendors and/or general contractors.
- Manage the formulation of specific capital and operational contracts and tender documents and controls contractual obligations.
- Participating in the appointment process and briefing parties (consultants/contractors, etc.) on the terms and scope of such appointments and, evaluating, investigating and approving submissions on progress, performance and costs.
- Monitoring contractor performance against agreed terms and conditions through on-going interaction with site personnel, on-site inspections, etc. and alerting the contractor to any acts of non-performance.
- On site measurements and verification of work completed by contractors and photo capturing of work.
- Preparing of monthly valuations and drafting of cost reports for capital project works.
- Implementing procedures to administer contracts and the processing of completion payment certificates as responsible person for cost centres under control.
- Assisting with project and progress reports of capital works projects.
- Ensure contractual terms and conditions entered into, and agreed to, are compiled with and specific responsibilities discharged accordingly with minimizing any risk to the CTICC.
- Close out of projects.
- To prepare capital and operating budgets and control the expenditure against the approved budget allocations.
- Analysing trends, operating requirements and forward plans to establish the required Capital & Operating budget for the period.
- Evaluating the departments performance against budget and manage deviations and variances with appropriate personnel.
- Monitoring and implementing corrective measures to rectify deviations and actions, that is contrary to financial regulations, audit requirements and departmental procedures.
- Communicating with the Finance Department on audit findings and recommendations and institutes the necessary investigational or corrective measures.
- Ensure accurate budgets are prepared in relation to requirements and the implementation is maintained.
- Analyse and evaluate feedback generated by quality systems and follow up on deviations.
- Check and verify vendor invoices for services rendered.
- Must deliver the best possible service standards within predetermined cost constraints.
- Submits annual budget recommendations.
- Monitors performance against budget and justifies or motivates any major variances.
- Assist with audits by providing information as required.
- Provide regular upward feedback, including documented performance management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BTech Quantity Surveying.
- Computer Literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Computer literacy in WinQS.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Excellent understanding of JBCC contract.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm