Cundall’s leading sustainability & building physics team is a key part of our international business. As a recognized leader in sustainability across the world, our team believes that we have so much more we can and need to do. With a brilliant track record of designing innovative, sustainable and energy efficient solutions, that minimize the use of natural resources, the team are looking for graduates who are passionate about helping us make a positive impact to our environment and a difference to our homes, offices, industry and community.
Join our Sustainability Team and you can be involved in innovative and award-winning projects – past projects have included the prized Hong Kong Science Park, Australia’s first 6 star Green Star community, and the largest bio-medical precinct in the Southern Hemisphere.
What You Will Do
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented sustainability graduate to join our team in our Hong Kong office to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in Asia and around the world.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the experienced team, you’ll develop your existing knowledge and skills in energy modelling and assist with the development of energy and sustainability strategies for new build and existing buildings.
With the opportunity to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, over time, you’ll be supported and encouraged to work towards Chartership, through one of our accredited training schemes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Educated to Masters level in Engineering or the Built Environment, you’ll hopefully have gained relevant practical experience in a similar role since graduation and you have demonstrable knowledge and experience of building physics, particularly in relation to heat transfer, energy, thermal comfort and natural ventilation.
- A working knowledge of climate-based daylighting analysis, operational energy calculation using TM54, sustainability rating tools such as BREEAM and life cycle carbon costing would also be really beneficial.
- Digital engineering is a big focus at Cundall, so ideally, you’ll have an understanding of Parametric Modelling Techniques (Grasshopper or Dynamo), or at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, C#, VB). An understanding of Engineering Optimisation Techniques, the principles of structured programming and basic knowledge in the application of Machine Learning would also be desirable.
- With a real passion for sustainable design, you’re organized and methodical in your approach to managing your tasks and priorities, you strive to meet deadlines and have a close appreciation of the commercial factors which affect design solutions.
- Collaborative in nature, you’ll be able to empathize with your clients’ needs and utilize excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally, with internal and external stakeholders. You’re used to using your initiative to overcome challenges and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm