The Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) is the national agency overseeing cybersecurity strategy, operations, education, outreach, and ecosystem development.
Established on 1 April 2015, the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) provides dedicated and centralized oversight of Singapore's national cybersecurity functions. It is part of the Prime Minister's Office and is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information.
The main aim of this ongoing project is to add on to the capabilities of our PT testbed continually. Over time, this testbed will become a repository for defensive and PT knowledge and tools that can be easily demonstrated and conducive for self-learning and applied cybersecurity research.
The scope is to research, design, develop, evaluate, experiment and document on topics within a technology domain of interest that support the various aspects of the PT process. These may include any subset of the following depending on the current developmental stage of the project, the intern’s areas of interest and technical competencies.
- Research on a particular topic.
- Design testbed and scenarios to support the study of the topic.
- Develop proof-of-concept (PoC) and set up testbed.
- Evaluate PoC and related tools within the testbed.
- Experiment, optimise and measure effectiveness and performance.
- Document and present findings.
This project exposes interns to various tools (both defensive and for PT), providing them with the exposure from the setting up of hardened enterprise network testbed, designing of PT scenarios, conducting of PT to the evaluation of the tools used in support of the PT process.
Tools - KaliLinux, Beyond Security BeStorm, Rapid7 Nexpose, Nessus, AppSpider, Metasploit, Immunity Canvas, Core Impact, Innuendo, RainbowCrack, Ophcrack, USB Rubber Ducky, Pineapple Wi-Fi (DNSSpoof, URLSnarf, Karma, nmap, mdk3, etc.), fuzzing frameworks and any other relevant tools to support the PT process, e.g., team collaboration tools, knowledge repository, etc.
Platforms - OS (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android), Networks (wired, wireless, cloud), Controls (network access control, firewalls, privileged access management controls, database activity monitoring), etc.
Deliverables - PoC and testbed. Project report documenting the setup, PoC and tools configuration, experiment details and findings. Presentation and demonstration with actual testbed.
In addition to the exposure and learnings gained working on our internship project, interns can look forward to mentorship and training opportunities during your time with CSA.
Suitable interns will also be considered for a full-time position with us at the end of their internship.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Only Singapore Citizens may apply.
- Intern must be available on a full-time basis, from Jan to end May/Jun 2022.
- Strong interest and experience in cybersecurity, network/system administration and setup, programming (C / C++ / Java / Python / Assembly, reverse engineering, fuzzing, penetration testing, software vulnerabilities and exploits would be an added advantage.
- The candidate should also be creative, a good team player, willing to learn, adaptive and proactive.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology
- Closing Date:20th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm