Danfoss has a great opportunity for a market oriented student to gain real-world experience at our office in Baltimore, MD. The Market Discovery Intern will work closely with our Product Management and customer-facing teams to capture key market insights in order to drive forward new product development activities.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is a global market-leading technology company. We are respected around the world and across industries for our innovative, high-quality products and solutions. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
What You Will Do
- Perform market research in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning segment to - Determine what unmet needs exist for customers when acquiring and using components/ solutions. Determine what customer needs must be addressed to better use components throughout the life cycle of their systems. Determine how to best simplify their process when components are involved throughout the design, production, service and repair of their systems.
- Identify and drive strategic interviews with key external and internal stakeholders.
- Drive a needs-first research approach to market discovery.
- Prepare discoveries and opportunities to be transformed into commercially viable products with high value and differentiation.
- Collaborate with customer facing teams to maintain strong communication and updates.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Major - Master of Engineering Management, Business Administration or other strategic business focus.
- Level of Education - Bachelor of Engineering is preferred.
- Work availability - 40 hours/week during Summer months between Spring and Fall semesters. Commitment to work full summer break.
- Strong analytic and creative skills - analyzing customers/market needs for determining new product or solution ideas that deliver value.
- Good communicator with solid presentation and analysis skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong individual contributor with solid interpersonal skills comfortable in working in a multicultural environment.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Engineering, Management
Baltimore (United States...
- Closing Date:15th May 2020, 6:00 pm