The role that you play within the operations team will be crucial in ensuring that our data is correctly, accurately and timeously processed for reporting and analysis to our clients as per our service offering. You will work in a cross-functional team and will report directly into the Delivery Manager, while engaging with the data sources and BI in the execution of operations tasks as assigned.
What You Will Do
- Data Source interaction and engagement.
- Monthly data capture and process management tasks.
- Monthly delivery of reporting frameworks to end users.
- Workflow and time management.
- Data management process optimization and ongoing productivity refinements.
- Maintains quality by establishing and enforcing standard and processes.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A tertiary qualification BCom IS, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Market Research or equivalent.
- Industry related working experience as a business analyst, data processer, project administrator or similar in an IT, software development or data centric environment is advantageous.
- It will be to your advantage to have work experience within a team-based environment, working with technology and using excel.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve data related issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the technical team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally hold client relationships and communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications.
- Technical zeal with a high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, Project).
- Adaptable to change and keen to learn new software.
- A conceptual understanding of Data Warehousing theory and best practices.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to communicate progress and developments.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
- Pro-active and confident with the ability to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to think strategically and be able to recommend improvements to operational disciplines and consider and drive process improvements.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software platforms and IT languages.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly changing environment.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- A strong team player with an impeccable work ethic and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are not afraid of data and technology and have a keen eye for detail and enjoy looking for and finding inconsistencies in data for troubleshooting and resolution.
- You enjoy routine and structure and are comfortable following best practice processes, ensuring that each step is 100% complete before moving onto the next one.
- You are interpersonally skilled and are confident in engaging with and in building rapport with both internal team members and external data sources, in order to follow up and ensure that data is received timeously for successful processing.
- You are proactive and tenacious in the execution of operations tasks, are not afraid to get stuck in where needed, and proactively and consistently troubleshoot, and problem solve in order to ensure that deadlines are met.
- You enjoy working within a team-based environment and can effectively manage both up and down the value chain, communicating continuously and ensuring that all and sundry are aware of timelines and deliverables.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Economics, Statistics
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:20th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm