DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
Banking Talent Programme is a joint programme with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) to support fresh talent development in the banking industry, particularly in times of the current economic situation.
We are now offering 6-month employment opportunities to fresh undergraduates from the local/overseas universities. Under this Programme, you will be gaining real-world commercial experience to understand more about the businesses and the culture in DBS.
Duration - September 1st 2021, to February 28th, 2022.
Business Unit - Across different Business Units and Support Units.
Programme Highlight - In house training and centralized professional training will be provided; A designated mentor/supervisor will be assigned.
What You Will Do
- Work together with Digitization Lead to partner with T&M business heads & teams to help formulate data use cases and data dashboard and report solutions.
- Assist in defining the data model and analysis required to provide value-added insights to the business (potentially to build machine learning or deep learning models).
- Ability to create effective data visualization of results via interactive dashboards and reports to present key findings to management and/or other stakeholders with actionable recommendations.
- Assist in setting up and automating data models via tactical and strategic database sourcing solutions within a banking environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A passion for Financial Markets, in terms of Equity, FX, Credit and Interest Rate cash and derivative products.
- Degree holder in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field preferred.
- Has project experience in data related initiatives either as academic projects or external online based projects (e.g., Kaggle).
- Hands-on experience with BI tools, QlikView or Tableau preferred.
- Database solutions experience a plus (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle, open source DBs).
- Programming experience in Python, R, SQL or other statistical program languages and/or experience in using commercial statistical analytics tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Matlab) a plus.
- Independent self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Expert problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, creative mindset and interest in data analytics.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good command of English, Mandarin a plus.
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th May 2021, 6:00 pm