Fresh out from school and thinking about how you can gain valuable industry-relevant experience? With SGUnited Traineeships, new and recent graduates can join approved host companies to develop skills professionally and receive a training allowance.
Understand the business management aspect of private banking and wealth management. Trainee will support ongoing business initiatives to run-the-bank and grow-the-bank.
At the end of the program, he/she will have a good understanding on the economics and best practices adopted by business managers in running and growing a private bank.
What You Will Do
Business Performance Management Reporting:
- Business management entails regular updates and view on performance and key business challenges.
- He/she will be involved in preparation of business reports for management.
- Collaborate with Finance Team, Business Analytics Team, Sales Management Team and Wealth Management Team to collate relevant data for performance and business review and updates to management.
Communication with Internal Staff:
- DBS Private Bank has staff across Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai and London - It is imperative to ensure that all staff are engaged and updated on key business plans and aligned to strategic directions.
- Trainee will be involved in preparation of communication materials for such staff engagement e.g., town hall decks, regular updates to staff at leadership meetings etc.
Collaboration Programmes between Business Units.
- To build a base of quality clientele for Private Bank and Treasures Private Client, it is important to develop strategic partnerships between Business Units (BU) and related business partners / segments / teams.
- Trainee will be involved in activities to build this synergy across BUs and teams.
Initiatives will Include (Not Exhaustive List):
- Tracking and reporting of referrals.
- Analysis of programme efficacy.
- Engagement plans between BUs and teams.
Grow-the-Bank Strategic Initiatives - Best Private Bank Project:
- A strategic project directed by the Head of DBS Private Bank is to drive the business to develop our Value Proposition pillars and build on them with the aim to achieve industry excellence.
- This programme will oversee various initiatives building out the value proposition pillars e.g., Collaboration, ESG (Environment, Social, Governance).
Trainee will be Involved in (Non-Exhaustive List):
- Project Management Office (PMO) - Tracking of work stream progress and initiatives delivery, preparing review and updates for the PSC.
- Developing and executing the plans and initiatives.
- Working with partners across Business Units in execution of such plans and initiatives.
- Perform competitor analysis and studies across competitor banks, and regular benchmarking.
- Writing of award pitches.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Education Qualification - Degree & above.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Productivity Tools (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Good work attitude and a team player.
- Takes initiatives and responsibility to complete given tasks on a timely basis.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Have strong interest to pursue a career the private banking and wealth management.
Duration of Traineeship / Attachment Offered - 6 months.
This position is open for both recent graduates and mid-career individuals. Graduates interested in this position should possess a Degree & above Qualification. Mid-career individuals from any qualification level can apply.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm