Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Financial Advisory advises corporate, financial and private investors on a range of capital optimization strategies with M&A advisory, infrastructure advisory, restructuring and debt advisory, due diligence and valuations. We are a dynamic and technically excellent team, passionate about our clients and about developing market leading solutions and thought leadership. We are dedicated to building a stimulating learning environment that supports the ongoing personal development of each member of our team, including our partners.
The Financial Advisory Graduate Programme is a two year fixed term contract whereby you will be given the opportunity to rotate between Transaction Services, Valuations & Modelling, Corporate Finance Advisory and Restructuring Services business areas.
What You Will Do
- Analyzing various sources of quantitative (AFS, management accounts etc.) and qualitative data (contracts, agreements etc.).
- Preparing robust and meaningful financial analysis.
- Conducting industry research (peer company research etc.).
- Reviews of valuation models.
- Assisting in creating basic financial models.
- Preparation of client ready deliverables (concept papers, information memorandums and board packs etc.).
- Assisting professionals on client development and practice development assignments.
- Liaising with teams to ensure buy-in into the project.
- Reporting of progress of work to management and clients.
- Communication with clients to understand needs and demands.
- Management of deadlines and reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc or BCom Accounting (Non-CA) Honours Degree with Financial Accounting 3.
- BCom Financial Management, Investment Management.
- BSc Financial Science.
- Knowledge and experience in MS Office.
- Advanced excel skills are an advantage.
- Problem & Analytical skills.
- Familiarity with using the Internet for data research.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strategic thinking ability - ability to envision future.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present yourself in a competent and professional manner to the client at all times.
- Conscientious approach to delivering results.
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery.
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Self-starter with excellent drive/ambition.
- Demonstrate a broad approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines .
- Show enthusiasm towards learning.
- Attention to detail.
- Develop a network within the broader firm, beyond Financial Advisory.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Management, Science
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 6:00 pm