Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
About the Division:
Our Assurance & Advisory services go beyond merely meeting statutory requirements. We help our clients perform better and achieve their business objectives. We listen to their needs, think about the business implications and tailor our approach accordingly. In today's changing global economy, businesses need trusted advisors. Because Assurance & Advisory professionals at Deloitte take the time to understand our clients' business as well as the industries in which they operate, we can help them identify major risks and opportunities over and above performance of the traditional financial reporting function.
About Financial Services Advisory:
Financial Services Advisory (FSA) is an established advisor within the financial services industry. Our vision is to be the leading provider of advisory services to financial services institutions and corporate treasury operations across Africa.
The FSA team comprises a strong mix of business, risk and regulatory practitioners with a technical appreciation for both financial modelling and programming disciplines. Through this, we are able to bring our clients practical solutions that look to address their end-to-end strategic and business model requirements.
Within FSA, we have the following four core teams, involved in the service offerings as listed below each team and you can also state a preference in a certain team:
As a graduate, you will join our graduate programme within FSA and will rotate between the various teams. The FSA graduate programme offers you the opportunity to rotate across three core business areas for a period of 3 years, giving you exposure to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as risk and financial modelling, design and implementation of risk / capital / funding frameworks, stress testing, regulatory developments, financial instrument valuations and pricing.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Actuarial Science.
- Applied Economics/Econometrics.
- Computer/Data Science/Analytics.
- Engineering (preferably Electrical or Electronic).
- Mathematical Sciences/Statistics.
- (Applied/Financial) Mathematics.
- Quantitative Risk Management.
- (Applied) Statistics.
- Any other relevant degree.
- Experience in C#, Matlab, Python, R, SAS or VBA is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge.
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables.
- The ability to interact in a team environment.
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges.
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Economics, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 6:00 pm