As a graduate, you will support the business area leadership in the implementation of strategic initiatives through the effective management of the team, and to provide key insight and guidance in quantitative modelling methodologies for valuations, risk, and strategic projects.
What You Will Do
- Assisting in the development, automation and validation of financial and risk models.
- Perform statistical analysis (e.g. clustering and segmentation).
- Perform numerical valuation techniques (e.g. derivatives and exotic structures) and constructing yield curves.
- Assisting in the creation of market leading solutions and thought leadership; building strong clients relationships and general problem solving.
- Reporting to the Manager who leads the team you are assigned to, but also reporting to the managers leading individual projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University Graduate with a Masters (MCom/MSc/MPhil) or Honours degree, specializing in any of the following relevant fields: MPhil, MSc Quantitative Risk Management, Risk Analysis, MSc Quantitative Risk Management, BSc Honours Quantitative Risk Management, BSc Honours Actuarial and Financial Mathematics, BSc Honours Financial Engineering, BSc Honours Quantitative Risk Management, BSc Honours Financial Engineering.
- BSc Honours in: Advanced Maths of Finance or BSc (in Statistics or Mathematics), Actuarial Science, Applied Economics/Econometrics, Computer/Data Science/Analytics, Mechanical Engineering (or Electrical or Electronic), Mathematical Sciences/Statistics, (Applied/Financial) Mathematics, Physics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Technical proficiency and an eagerness to expand skills and develop knowledge.
- The ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple deliverables.
- The ability to interact in a team environment.
- The ability to find innovative solutions to complex and often unusual challenges.
- Flexibility i.e. the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments and changing requirements.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm